This week I've found a weird behavior of a software. The goal was to import data from an excel (xls) file to a local installed database. When trying to import the excel file an error occurred with a missing ODBC driver. So I tried to manually install the MDAC package to give the affected machine the needed ODBC drivers. It was then when I realized that the MDAC 2.8 software is not compatible with Windows XP Service Pack 3!!
So before you install SP3, be sure you're not going to use database software which needs an internal ODBC driver. I sent a mail to the Microsoft guys but of course didn't hear anything. Let's hope they fix that.
No comments yet.
AWS Android Ansible Apache Apple Atlassian BSD Backup Bash Bluecoat CMS Chef Cloud Coding Consul Containers CouchDB DB DNS Database Databases Docker ELK Elasticsearch Filebeat FreeBSD Galera GlusterFS Grafana Graphics HAProxy HTML Hacks Hardware Icinga Icingaweb Icingaweb2 Influx Internet Java KVM Kibana Kodi Kubernetes LXC Linux Logstash Mac Macintosh Mail MariaDB Minio MongoDB Monitoring Multimedia MySQL NFS Nagios Network Nginx OSSEC OTRS Office PGSQL PHP Perl Personal PostgreSQL Postgres PowerDNS Proxmox Proxy Python Rancher Rant Redis Roundcube SSL Samba Seafile Security Shell SmartOS Solaris Surveillance Systemd TLS Tomcat Ubuntu Unix VMWare VMware Varnish Virtualization Windows Wireless Wordpress Wyse ZFS Zoneminder