I had to prepare an audio CD with a few songs on it. There were several CD-R (no brand, 700MB 80min 52x speed) empty disc's around so I just took one and burned the songs with CDBurnerXP.
Once the disc was finished, I tested it on the same computer and the CD played just fine. But when I tried it on a HiFi system the CD couldn't be read. I also tried it in my car - same there. The disc wasn't recognized.
I thought maybe that one empty disc was defect and tried it with one, two, three... others. Always the same issue. Then I read an information about the disc burning speed. I tried to burn another empty disc with 4x speed; same issue again.
Finally I tried it with a completely different set of empty discs (Sony CD-R 700MB 48x speed) and it immediately worked on the HiFi (I burned the disc with 4x speed).
Reminder to myself: Don't use no-brand empty discs for audio CD's.
No comments yet.
AWS Android Ansible Apache Apple Atlassian BSD Backup Bash Bluecoat CMS Chef Cloud Coding Consul Container Containers CouchDB DB DNS Database Databases Docker ELK Elasticsearch Filebeat FreeBSD Galera GlusterFS Grafana Graphics HAProxy HTML Hacks Hardware Icinga Icingaweb Icingaweb2 InfluxDB Internet Java KVM Kibana Kodi Kubernetes LXC Linux Logstash Mac Macintosh Mail MariaDB Minio MongoDB Monitoring Multimedia MySQL NFS Nagios Network Nginx OSSEC OTRS Office PGSQL PHP Perl Personal PostgreSQL Postgres PowerDNS Proxmox Proxy Python Rancher Rant Redis Roundcube SSL Samba Seafile Security Shell SmartOS Solaris Surveillance Systemd TLS Tomcat Ubuntu Unix VMWare VMware Varnish Virtualization Windows Wireless Wordpress Wyse ZFS Zoneminder