This is a follow-up on the previous post Connection failed error when trying to send mail on Android. One possible fix for this problem, as written in the filed bug report 1063, is to install the K-9 mail application, which according to the author should work fine. I tested it and installed the K-9 application from the Android market - without success. Even K-9 sent a localhost helo. But.. what I didn't try, was to install the latest version of K-9 which is still in development and not yet released in Android Market. I installed K-9 rev 2703 from the from the K9 project website and tested to send an e-mail using K-9. With the following result:
gprs03.swisscom-mobile.ch[22.214.171.124]: EHLO [10.142.41.98] gprs03.swisscom-mobile.ch[126.96.36.199]: 250-area-1.ch gprs03.swisscom-mobile.ch[188.8.131.52]: 250-PIPELINING gprs03.swisscom-mobile.ch[184.108.40.206]: 250-SIZE 10240000 gprs03.swisscom-mobile.ch[220.127.116.11]: 250-VRFY gprs03.swisscom-mobile.ch[18.104.22.168]: 250-ETRNSuccess! K-9 tries to send the localhost value as HELO command, if that fails, it uses an internal IP (here 10.142.41.98). I finally can use my Android like I need it to!
No comments yet.
AWS Android Ansible Apple Atlassian Automation BSD Backup Bash Bluecoat CMS Chef Cloud Consul Container Containers CouchDB DB DNS Database Databases Docker ELK ElasticSearch Elasticsearch Filebeat FreeBSD GlusterFS Grafana Graphics HAProxy HTML Hacks Hardware Icinga Icingaweb2 InfluxDB Internet Java Kibana Kubernetes LXC Linux Logstash Mac Macintosh Mail MariaDB Minio MongoDB Monitoring Multimedia MySQL NFS Nagios Network Nginx OSSEC OTRS PGSQL PHP Perl Personal PostgreSQL Postgres PowerDNS Proxmox Proxy Rancher SSL Security Shell SmartOS Solaris Surveillance SystemD TLS Tomcat Ubuntu Unix VMware Varnish Virtualization Windows Wireless Wordpress Wyse ZFS Zoneminder